Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wood Burner

My Wood Burner

By Heather Burkett
WWW.stitchezutl.com

I raced out one day to buy a wood burner, because it was getting rave reviews on the forums. And I am all about buying crafting stuff that is hot (not literally hot lol) I bring it home and unwrap, and plug it in. All my ribbon is sitting out and ready to go. I take the first piece of grosgrain it’s a lovely pastel pink from UB. Place on the barrel of the wood burner and guess what?! I burned my self…(Not really a big shocker if you know me personally, I am a klutz.) So any who. I figure out to use an alligator clip to hold it so I am less likely to get burnt. So after a couple times my fat little fingers survived with only one battle scar. I was really impressed with the results of the burner. But you know how when you’re a child and some one tells you not to touch something cause it will burn you or you actually get burnt you don’t touch it no more. Well same kind of thing happened to me. Now my wood burner spends all its time hanging on the wall. Its sucha waste I know but I can’t bring myself to plug it back in.
I think I need a support group ;0)

2 comments:

  1. Me too! I've used mine once. Didn't burn myself, luckily, but I just can't bring myself to plug it in again. Maybe it's because I have to hook the transformer up and it is a lot of extra work. Maybe it's because I'm worried I WILL burn myself lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treat it like taking off a bandage... just rip it off. Jump right back in!

    ReplyDelete